Sunday, August 17, 2008

Because It's Never Too Late to Start Wasting Your Life

Dinner and drinks @ The Vortex in the Little Five Points neighbourhood in Atlanta. Patrons are very clearly apprised of 'the rules' upon entry. They're good ones. Especially the No Whining rule.

Absinthe on the menu. One of my three American pals was up for the experience. He did the full traditional (check out the video below). Sheena somewhat wimped out and had La Fee Verte - absinthe shaken with lime and orange juices. Kinda grew on me after the first few sips. But truth be told, switched to a Flying Dog Doggie Style Pale Ale with dinner.






La Fee Verte...

Backseat drinkers:

4 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, is this the REAL absinthe or the watered down (no wormwood) stuff that's generally imported by north america?

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Romantic Heretic said...

Doggy Style Pale Ale? Cool. And quelle surprise. ;)

I'll have to try it sometime.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Sheena said...

It's funny, Scout... I asked the exact same question at the restaurant when I saw the signs.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Jacques Beau Vert said...

I think Sweaty Betty's has the no-wormwood stuff... but I've never personally seen the real old-fashioned Moulin Rouge-style Absinthe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home