Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Shittiest Lesbian Food EVER


After a long night of patio drinking in a small town and an annoyingly sober-upish GO Train ride back to the city, Sheena climbed into El Chaperone's rally chassis and said "I'm hungry". It was late, so not much selection that was quick, close to home and not deep fried.

We selected Ali Baba's (Parkdale location). I got the beef shawarma and a side of tabouleh. He got the beef dinner.

Getting home, I take one bite of the tabouleh. It was disgusting. I took a second bite to make sure I wasn't imagining something. And spit it out. It was painfully oversalted. Sheena is not a salt lover, so she asked El Chaperone to give it a shot, since he's a smoker and his taste buds are dead, but even he couldn't bear it. Threw it all away.

The shawarma was better, edible but nothing special whatsoever. Kind of stringy beef. Not up to my Ottawa-influenced discerning shawarma palate. Made me so friggin happy I'll be up there to visit my sweet beloved Marroush next week.

10 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger pumpernickel said...

Sheena,

Gotta try the Shawarma Palace on Rideau.

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shawarma Palace is ok... but not as good as La Shish! That's my favourite! Well there are a few that are alright... Even Shawarma Station is ok... But my reason for posting is that I clicked on the Ali Baba's link.. did you guys see "Your Host JOSEPH"? hehheeh

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Whitenoise said...

I have a new favorite- Kababji in Halifax.

I don't get into Toronto, the city itself, often. But any suggestions for "lesbian food" in the big smoke?

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Sheena said...

Spy: Yes I saw Joseph's picture and kind of shivered a bit. But I didn't actually go into Ali Baba's. I waited in the car and watched the crazy meth head inside the Pizza Pizza next door give himself a bath with a napkin and swing his hair around to get it fluffed just right.

Whitenoise: There is a place I like near Jane & Bloor (yes I hear the joke that is part of why I like it) that is much much better and will reveal the name when I remember it.

But Ottawa still kicks shawarma ass. Hands down.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger petite gourmand said...

yeah, it does suck.
I'm more of a baccus lover myself.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Marky Mark said...

What exactly is lesbian food?

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Jacques Beau Vert said...

Wow, I've been there 3 or 4 times but only had the falafel sandwiches and baklava (sp?) - those I liked.

Plus, it's REALLY close to me...

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Marky Mark said...

ahhhhhhh-NOW I get it.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Crazylegs said...

Lesbian food? Hmm - assumed you were talking about a seafood place.

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's a place on Yonge, south of Bloor on the east side, used to be good, had my second date there... has been sliding since they got NOWCred, dropped in today and it was crap, the coked out counter guy forgot my order twice, almost got it free and would NOT have told him...good gals gone bad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home