Saturday, January 13, 2007

High Fibre Communications

Big exciting news in the nerdosphere this week is the announcment of the new Apple phone. Industry pundits discuss whether this will have an effect on the ruling king of the wireless, the Blackberry. Whenever Sheena goes overseas, her signal usually roams on Orange.

So it struck me. Why does the communications business want me to put all this fruit in my ear. I wash every day. Use Q-Tips regularly. No dirt buildup in there. Not at risk of scurvy. Ain't gonna rezone as an agricultural business. No, grandma, I CAN'T grow potatoes in there.

Sheena just hopes this whole fruit naming fad stops. Now I have a recurring nightmare of going out to buy a new phone and accidentally coming home with an unnaturally ergonomical 5-setting vibration mode wireless device called The Banana.

3 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sooey can

 
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the story about the chap who went into his doctor's office saying:

"Doctor, Doctor, you have to help me - I'm losing weight at a terrible rate, and I think I'm going deaf."

Doc takes one look at him and notices a banana sticking out of one ear, bunch of grapes hanging out of the other ear.

"Ahhhh haaaa," muses the quack. "I think I know what the problem is."

"What Doc, what?"

"You're simply not eating properly."

[boom tish]

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheena, I was talking to a friend yesterday and I was telling her how much I like to eat MacIntosh Apples and she looked at me as if I was crazy for wanting to eat MacIntosh apples. Unfortunately, my friend was not familiar with the Ontario MacIntosh apples that grown on trees.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home