Saturday, January 06, 2007

Stupid Bar Tricks #5




Sitting in the corner at Sweaty Betty's (SheenaVision passim...) and it occurred to us that the coffee table where our drinks and feet resided was not in fact a coffee table at all, but an old cedar trunk.

"I wonder what's in there". "I dunno". "Check". "OK".

It wasn't locked, but I don't think it had been opened in a long time because the clasps were tough to move. So El Chaperone took out his keys and tried to wedge the stubborn ones open with his keychain. Alas, the challenge proved to be too overwhelming for his authentic Che Guevara bought-at-the-little-museum-in-Alta Gracia-his-childhood-home keychain. Piece of cheap Commie shit. Probably made in China.

The door finally spring free.

"I wonder if you can fit a person in there". "I dunno". "Check". "OK".


Before long, all the other patrons lined up to take their turn. Some skinny young guy and girl could even BOTH fit in at the same time. That was cool. Great ice-breaker. Try it some day. Before the New Government of Canada passes a law against this too...

5 Comments:

At 4:52 AM, Blogger RossK said...

Of course there should be a law against it.

After all, if I 'm not mistaken.....

The life of a trunk begins at Dave Concepcion's.

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that pub dialogue was so authentic, too, sheena. i really felt like i was there.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Jacques Beau Vert said...

I voted against the law against it before I voted for it.

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are there any plans to ditch the desk? prime real estate it's sitting on

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't mind the desk but someone should fix it! victor and I tried but we were beaten back....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home