Monday, July 21, 2008

U Sovy

Sheena's most favourite meal in Prague was at hole in the wall U Sovy (click here for good pic of interior, didn't take my own)

It was what I thought 'real' Prague should be. Very dark, mostly locals, cigarettes stench hanging in the air. Waitress sat and smoked and drank without ever losing of sight my empty glass of Moravian Sauvignon Blanc. I brought a book and read. Leisurely. Unhurried. Not caring about a clock. Cogniscent of the owl watching my every move. And cleaning my plate so he wouldn't swoop in and steal anything.

Ordered the house special - Owl's Hot Pot. A delish stew like substance chock full of spicy sausage, beef, chicken livers, onions and potatoes in a thick rich broth. Loved it.



Hearty meal, loads of adequate but quaintly local wine and pre-added 10% tip which the waitress refused to let me add to: about 21$.

2 Comments:

At 3:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The owl is well fed, shurely.
Probably stuffed.

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm. I love that kind of food.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home