Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I wore my Cliffords Dress to the Paddlewheel

Finally got to see Guy Maddin's My Winnipeg on the flight from Toronto to Zurich last night. Been fascinated by it since last Toronto Film Festival and a recent CBC interview with him reminded me that I needed to seek it out. Air Canada has a pretty kick ass selection of Canadian movies on the newer in-seat personal video systems and though I desperately needed some sleep, watched it.


Like looking in a cracked mirror. Distorted, but real and loaded with strange cultural references no one from outside of the city could ever understand. Feeling some separation anxiety sitting here surrounded by strange languages. Glad yet wistful that I filmed myself out.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Romantic Heretic said...

I'll have to look it up. Sounds interesting.

That picture's rather creepy.

Have fun in Prague. :)

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Sheena said...

Cold Budvar in hand as we speak, RH...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home