Sunday, July 20, 2008

Visit to the Communist Museum - Prague


Love the easy to find directions. For those of you inside Sheena's inner sanctum about to receive postcards very similar to this blog post please stop reading right now. I mean it.

Fuck. No pendants in the museum gift shop.. FCS. Or actually.. CCS. heh heh.


Rock on, Tesla Power!

I think I'll use this one at work next week.



Communism is gay.




Do not get me started on the hair raising creepy crawly parallels this exhibit inspires when thinking about post 2001 USA. The debate has not been Communism v. Capitalism for decades. It is all about new forms of totalitarianism. And new motivations to destroy free speech. Think about it you fuck heads.


Chunk O'Da Wall. Funny that the soundtrack to Pink Floyd was the main stay during dinner in probably the only authentic place I ate in all week. Separate post to follow.




Creepiest thing was the constantly ringing phone. And the wall plaques, that could be date neutral and have immediate and direct relevance today in our own safety zones.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Romantic Heretic said...

I'm wondering. If interrogation is spelt wrong it's not really interrogation?

Perhaps we'll see some people using the word 'tortue' now. ;)

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your mother's postmaster will be impressed.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger The Internationalist said...

That photo actually reminds me of the hospital I was in (in Budapest) when I had my children.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger The Internationalist said...

the photo of the interrogation room, that is.

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Children can be quite inquisitive, too, ironically.

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks fer the memories postcard. as soon as I saw it I was thinkin of this song

Shiny happy people laughing
Meet me in the crowd
People people
Throw your love around
Love me love me
Take it into town
Happy happy
Put it in the ground
Where the flowers grow
Gold and silver shine

Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people laughing

Everyone around love them, love them
Put it in your hands
Take it take it
There's no time to cry
Happy happy
Put it in your heart
Where tomorrow shines
Gold and silver shine

Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people laughing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home