Thursday, May 24, 2007

First Hot Day of 2007

At least the first one Sheena has been home for. Sitting apres-work yammering on about something or other and the bartender makes a comment about how nice it is to open the fridge. Apparently as a kid it made his mother crazy doing that all the time with all the electricity he was wasting.

One of the other regulars is ex-Montrealer so I turned to him and said, "You know what I miss about living in Quebec? The walk-in cold beer rooms at the dep". He turned to me and told me to stop being so cruel. Never had a depanneurd kick me out for just relaxing without buying. Fun to inventory all those crazy-ass 6.7% Extra Super Dry king cans that seem to not have a market on the English side of TROC.

I didn't think I missed any thing about Quebec, so this was a surprising suppressed memory resurfacing that made me wistful.

2 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger pumpernickel said...

Ah yes and the quarts of black label and Laurentide which TROC hnows as Canadian...I also miss 1 litre bottles of dep red wine...

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Sheena said...

Meebs and quarts at the Prescott for lunch on Fridays.

Now I'm homesick for Ottawa.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home