Saturday, January 27, 2007

Six Weird Things About Me

This topic presented to you courtesy of a challenge posed by
JJ at Unrepentant Old Hippie.

Six Weird Things About Sheena:

1. I have never eaten a Big Mac. Condiments have always been a bit of an issue for me. To this day will only eat plain hamburgers and hotdogs. Cheese, lettuce and tomato are acceptable, however.

2. My previous work history includes modelling, Canadian Forces private in the summer militia, Russian-language wordprocessor and janitorial assistant. That was all in the same year.

3. I have been to 6 of the 7 continents. And intend to hit Antarctica in the next 12-24 months. I actually have no interest whatsoever in being in a cold remote rocky place, I just want to step on the ground, cross it off my list and get the hell out of there.

4. My first engagement broke off because he had an arranged marriage that he accidentally forgot to tell me about.

5. I get grossed out by squishy things that touch the outer part of the inside edge of the jar. Like jam or peanut butter or mayo - when scooping some out of the container with a knife, I can only touch the mayo that is in the middle of the jar. So when I throw out an 'empty' jar, it is probably 25% full, just clinging to the jar edges.

6. I lost my last baby tooth when I was 15. Turns out it grew upside down and they had to surgically remove it from the roof of my mouth.

Now Sheena tags:
CrazyLegs
Sooey
The Petite Gourmand
Kierk the Slackass Bastard
The Georgia Cheek
Winnipeg Wine God

8 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so good, I am still killing myself laughing. An arranged marriage he forgot to tell you about! LOL!

Kudos on your travel experience. I also want to go to Antarctica, actually just Tierra Del Fuego. The place has always obsessed me. I think I even posted about it once.

Well done!

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL

I have never eaten a Big Mac either. I don't even eat burgers since my first try almost killed me;)

Very diverse job experiments.

6 out of 7 continents, Cool.

Forget to tell about arrange marriage? LOL, did he tell his wife he was engaged?

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Leatherhands said...

LOL Sheena, though I am truly baffled by the condiment thing. You, who have such a well documented appreciation of the explosion of subtleties created by various well-thought out ingredients. Plain hot-dogs and burgers?No horseradish? No Jalapeno peppers? No garlic-mayo? Really???
(Agreed that Big Macs are not burgers. They are processed cow-patties from the devil.)

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so funny,
You aren't missing out on anything in the big mac dept.
and I'm with you on the mayo jar thing, nothing grosser than congealed condiments.
very cool about the continents.
have fun in Antarctica when you finally get there, and hey, before you know it according to Al Gore maybe it will eventually become a tropical destination..

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Sheena, No Condiments??
Haven't you ever heard of Guiness Mayo? It takes Fries to new heights of gastronomic bliss.

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, sheena:

http://www.sooeys.com/blogs/sooeysays/2007/01/good_question.html

so far, i've got stephen reeves. i need five more blogs.

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ollie ollie in come free, and no tag backs! http://cheekiermesly.blogspot.com/2007/01/ollie-ollie-in-come-free.html

- Georgia Cheek

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better late than never. After much delay, I finally rose to the challenge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home