Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Best of the Ouest


Maybe Sheena should have called this "Stupid Bar Tricks - Part 4", but it's not "her" stupid bar trick. Why the hell every decent hotel room in Ottawa is full this week is beyond me. But here I am. In the Best Western in the armpit of the Outaouais watching guys in Tip Top suits from the '90s try to impress the barmaid with some undetermined thing with a napkin and a wine bottle. She's trying to one-up him by turning a napkin into a rubber chicken shape. So far she's winning.

I wish I knew exactly what he's trying to do. Break it? Get the cork out? He's awfully determined, to the point where I think he's forgotten about the fact that Colorado is beating Toronto on the above-bar-mounted flat screen TV.

But, the Pinot Grigio is only $6 a glass, it's not too gross, the glasses are surprisingly good quality, and well, as per SheenaVision's passim: Free Wireless Fills the Empty Soul.

Update: Well holy shit. This was the trick, and after a painful production in front of the crowd of a dozen, he finally pulled it off.

http://bartendermagic.com/corkout.htm

Fuck. Now here come the card tricks. Where's one of Jan Wong's oppressed when we need him.

8 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sheena

i'm jealous, you are living life to the X-treeeeeeeeeme

stuff like that only happens in movies like top gun for me

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Sheena said...

If only the knives were not so fucking dull and useless....


When arseholeos with 2-way start yapping each other yelling that "SHE'S MY FUTURE WIFE.. SHE JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET", one looks to the parking garage and Quebec construction standards of ventilation for sweet sweet respite.

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes-staying athe Best Western. Too bad the town is sold out.

Then again, if owned my company, I would probably be a cheap bastard,but I don't, therefore I won't stay at Best Western.

Thankfully we don't have those constraints, you or I. Because if they are going to run your ass ragged by making you travel all the time, you must be comfortable. I only do nice major chains, or interesting boutique hotels myself.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Sheena said...

In full disclosure:

I am so seriously allergic to some harsh cleaning substance in this ass licking shit eating hotel I think I'm going to snot myself to death.

I have no idea if maybe somebody died in here, or shit the bed, or what, but the cleaning fluid smell is making me not intake proper oxygen levels. I am going to have to bust the window soon.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Joe Calgary said...

Do what I do Sheena... drink, drink some more, then drink even more after that... if your still awake, down 4 aspirans to put you out.

If you wake up in the morning... get on the phone and find a better hotel.

If you don't wake up, well, no worries right?

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Joe Calgary said...

Or even better, punish the shit out of your employer by repeatedly ordering Sushi delivered in, and tell them it was the only way to get over the PineSol/Indian reserve smell.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Jacques Beau Vert said...

Say, that's a trick that my dad and brothers would all love - I'll try it at Christmas and wow them.

Sheena, did you catch this on Bourque about Chirac's wine? Naturually, it made me think of you.

BTW, I've looong heard about Cafe Diplomatica and how cozy and good it is, so I finally went. Ugh, it was the worst food I've ever had. Literally, McDonald's has finer food.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Sheena said...

hah hah.. this guy agrees with you, Jason BeeGee...

Down about 3/4 of the article...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home