Thursday, December 27, 2007

Boxing Day Shopping At Its Best


Yet another thing nobody around here bothered to tell me about and had to figure out for myself. KW Surplus. Funny as hell and a great way to waste a couple of hours. Easily found by looking for the giant Russian tank out front and the Spitfire on top of the neighbouring aviation foamer store. Extra special Boxing Day purchases included cut rate Bathroom cleanser, usb extension plug ins, some gorgeous gold trimmed probably lead soaked dishes used as platter for a belated turkey dinner, Aussie style cowboy hats and camo pants. Scored on some neat fake leather storage bins. This is in fact where Winner's stuff goes to die. Regular $39, Winner's priced $16, KW Surplus $2.99. At that price get 2.

Items passed over but on the hmmm... maybe later list include beakers, forceps scissors, flak jackets, mouse traps, German army motorcycle helmets, welding supplies and paintball rifles.

10 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd avoid those batts, unless you look very closely, there are tons of counterfeit ones around and they look really close to real... beware, they will completely fuck up your expensive toys

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Sheena said...

I know Fender, I know. I learned that the hard way and ended up having to date again.

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Whitenoise said...

okay. you just made me snort...funniest thing I heard today.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Mark Turuk said...

how much was the tank?

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you actually know KW Surplus. I adore you even more now.

Have a great holiday and a fantastic 2008!

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Romantic Heretic said...

Are you allowed to play with paintball rifles?

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came here to say that the store sounds need (like Cohen's).. wtf? spam on Sheena's comments??!?!? FCS

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Havril said...

I was hoping for some forceps in my stocking. Sigh.

 
At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KWS ... Kink Witch Supplies ?

Might be worth the drive to Acton ,

and beyond ...

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Crazylegs said...

I love the surplus stores, too. We've got a similar establishment in London. As much I enjoy taking in the whole shopping experience - dusty shelves, faint hint of cat urine, feeling of superiority that my basement doesn't look that bad - I think I love the adverts just as much. It's the promise of cheap-and-exotic treasures of absolutely no use to me - like the old Grit adverts on the back of comic books.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home