Thursday, August 09, 2007

Well Woman


Got a very disturbing telemarketing call from AIG Insurance tonight. Obviously gender and age target marketing. The nice sounding girl immediately started in on a script outlining the 7 most common forms of cancer women in my age bracket can get and how this new policy provides financial assistance during treatments etc etc. I was quiet for a sec, and then thanked her for calling, said it sounded like a perfectly reasonable program but that I really was not expecting such a depressing morbid conversation when I picked up the phone and while I knew she was just doing a job, thought it was rather strange and tasteless and wished her a nice evening as I hung up.

Googled it later and was mortified.

Well Woman is a breakthrough insurance product
exclusively for women that gives you cash to use
however you want. Innovative financial protection plan
that no woman should be without.

Receive CASH benefits – if you are ever diagnosed with cancer of the breasts, fallopian tubes, cervix, ovaries, uterus, vagina, or vulva, Well Woman will pay cash directly to you.

Use the CASH however you want – You can use the money however you want, whether it's to replace lost income, for household expenses, prescriptions, or even to cover in or out-of-country alternative treatment.



Puts me right off my smokes, taquitos and Chinese lead paint coated sex toys tonight.

2 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find this very creepy. It's really preying on women's fears.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Leatherhands said...

Not a good cold-calling product. Needs a tasteful, discreet brochure.
(If someone comes up with an ass-cancer insurance for guys, I'm there...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home