Thursday, August 09, 2007

In the Court of the Jungle Queen



Sheena held court for visiting blogger peeps and other people that we like last night in her new courtyard where all paid appropriate fealty and homage.

Unfortunately I was so busy slaving over a hot BBQ grill I neglected to take pictures of my roasted corn-in-the husk, garlicky BBQ chicken and for dessert grilled Niagara Peaches basted with olive oil and sprinkled with rosemary, served over vanilla icecream. So I will have to wait for the Cheek to post hers.

Vino was courtesy of my Sunday Niagara Run: The Flat Rock pinot noir and Flat Rock Nadja's Vineyard Riesling. Lurve the Flat Rock these days.

Toast-worthy nightcap with just Sheena and the Cheek on the darkened patio, our faces lit only by the multicoloured festive LED lights and the Henry of Phlegm Catherine Brut Rosé. Have not yet tried out the fire-pit in the patio table, but maybe this weekend.

Favourite house-warming gift. SO FAR.




A good place to rest the tired dogs after a long day of shopping in St. Jacob. Had the Stonehammer something.




Moving is not a pleasant thing for the awkward and uncoordinated. Even when I'm wearing my exercise shoes:



Girl Blogger Leg Tangle:


More for FUH2:

4 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger pam said...

Love the patio set. Almost bought it, but bought another one and now I am having regrets..

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you drive a hummer?

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger CheekierMeSly said...

Got those snaps posted here for you, Sheena.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Sheena said...

Wow. My waitress hair looked SpecTACular that night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home