Saturday, June 09, 2007

I REALLY Wanted the Lamb, But When I Yelled "Duck! Breasts!"...





...Sheena ended up with the Confit....

An emo moment this week as Sheena and The Beast were reunited for an evening of sloshingly good jogs down mammary lane, while supping on some of the Best The 'Peg Has To Offer (tm) in the form of Scotty McTaggart's Fusion Grill

www.fusiongrill.mb.ca
550 Academy Road at Lanark
fusion grill supports Manitoba producers and Canadian wine makers

Seeing the one person who has been able to know Sheena's teenage secrets and still live (true story) PLUS being graciously served by the Master of Bon Vivantry was a highlight of my 2007. So far.

What evil genius could inflict the carbohydrate nirvana of the White Truffle Perogy? The Pickerel Cheeks with toothpick sized frites and dilled aioli?

We each had a glass of fave Niagara VQA Malivoire Pinot Gris with appetizers.

The mains were sublime: Duck with the Wild Rice pancake for moi. The Beast indulged in the Dijon and sunflower seed crusted lamb chop.

Argued a bit over wine with the main courses. My Ontario chauvinism reared its ugly head, but was talked down off the pedestal with a compelling argument to go for the Reserve Pinot Noir from Quail's Gate. When Scotty said his mum lived down the road from Quail's Gate, I folded like a lawnchair after the Canada Day fireworks in Hull.

Loved every moment, and kicking myself still that it's taken me so many years to get my ass over there.














Thanks Scott. Too long. Happy to catch up.

Thanks Beast. Too long. Hey... has anyone ever said that you look just like Jamie Lee Curtis?

8 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Raymi Lauren said...

im starving why did i come here.

folded like a lawnchair, love that line.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Beast said...

I think I have heard that Jamie Lee Curtis thing before especially when people see the "ladies".

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Sheena said...

I think it is always when people see the "ladies".

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Joe said...

I grew up in Ontario, and I would never suggest a Niagara over and an Okanagan. Quail's Gate is one of my Canuck faves. White Truffle Perogy? My mother never served those...

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Sheena said...

Neither did my Baba, Joe. But now I might have to go invest in a new Hunky Bill's. I'm thinking a foie gras and chutney perogy is next for me.

Maybe with a late harvest Pinot Gris...

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Hunky Bill's? Only a daughter of Winnipeg could claim knowledge of such a device. Does late harvest Pinot Gris have wodka in it?

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hunky Bill's Perogy Makers are best used with a fine K-Tel compilation as background music. If you can work smoked goldeye into the mix you'll have the ultimate Winnipeg treat.

Sounds like quite the meal, glad you had a good time at Fusion.

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Mammary Lane"! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home