Friday, April 06, 2007

Very Special Family Easter Quiz

Gather round the fire, get the kids settled in and pull up the old armchair for gramps. This is the first time that my Mom has sent me material (in the form of a hand-written 5 page letter, because Sheena's Mom doesn't do the innerdnets).

After spending a week babysitting HER mom (Sheena's Baba), she wrote "You and your sister inspired me and when I was in Winnipeg I made a list of the things I lned from my mother this week, so I'm enclosing a copy for you. Enjoy!! I don't have a copyright on it, so you're free to use any parts of it as you see fit" Her piece is titled "List of Things I Learned From My Mother This Week - AKA Lies My Mother Told me As Her Dementia Slowly Sets In..."

So Sheena has decided to mix this up a little bit and give her readers a challenge. Sharpen up your pencils!

Who Said It Quiz?

1. My neighbours across the street messed up their snow and were jealous that mine was so clean so they put big chunks of mud beside my driveway on the snowbank.

  • a) Ann Coulter
  • b) David Warren
  • c) Sheena's Crazy Baba

2. "Never buy clothes at Value Village because someone died in them".

  • a) Jeanne Beker
  • b) Leah McLaren
  • c) Sheena's Crazy Baba

3. "Don't invite too many people for dinner because there will be a lot of dishes to wash and water costs a lot of money".

  • a) Al Gore
  • b) David Suzuki
  • c) Sheena's Crazy Baba

4. "The new immigrants all have 10 children so that they can take over our country"

  • a) Mark Steyn
  • b) Michael Coren
  • c) Sheena's Crazy Baba

5. "Put bread, cookies and pies in a big pile on the kitchen counter and cover with a tea towel so they don't dry out from the light".

  • a) Martha Stewart
  • b) Heloise
  • c) Sheena's Crazy Baba

6. "When cooking, put the pot on the back burner and turn on both front and back burners. It will heat up faster".

  • a) Mary Jo Eustace
  • b) Rachel Ray
  • c) Sheena's Crazy Baba

7. "I've had a terrible life because I had a bunch of kids and what good is that"

  • a) Rebecca Eckler
  • b) Angelina Jolie
  • c) Sheena's Crazy Baba

8. "The next door neighbours carry off pails of water from my outside tap to water their flowers"

  • a) Richard Nixon
  • b) Stephane Dion
  • c) Sheena's Crazy Baba

9. "If you wear a bra over a t-shirt, it's warmer"

  • a) Stephen Harper
  • b) Ezra Levant
  • c) Sheena's Crazy Baba

10. "My daughter's TV is connected to her photocopier and she has printed every book in her house".

  • a) Bill Gates
  • b) Raymi's Mom
  • c) Sheena's Crazy Baba

13 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

way too easy, c in every case, why not amend it to include 1 that ain't her?

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think most of them are hilarious and cute.. except the last one... WTF?

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easy?! I think Sheena should post the correct answers before I lose my mind trying to guess the right ones!

The last one is Raymi's Mom, though. That one was easy.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger tkkerouac said...

LMAO
I could just imagine getting your mom,mine,Raymi,momtheminx and Sheena in a room together. It would make for a dysfunctional, hilarious visit!
Thanks for linking this, I'm alot like your mom when it comes to the internet.
Happy Easter!

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

4. "The new immigrants all have 10 children so that they can take over our country"

* a) Mark Steyn
* b) Michael Coren
* c) Sheena's Crazy Baba

It's Mark(Crazy Baba)Steyn, right?

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah - I see you got Mom's latest letter.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Tarkwell Robotico said...

crazy? they should put her sayings on a calendar - you'd be rich and the country wiser!

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmmmm - sounds like someone I live with! Hope it ain't catchy! but I guess that's why I don't shop at Value Village.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Whitenoise said...

Interesting. Does your Baba have any investing tips?

 
At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Baba says...

Buy blow, sell when you're high.

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

she sounds like some rum baba

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger pumpernickel said...

sheena,

I read your post and there was considerable discussion at the pumpernickle Ukrainian Easter table about whether or not the T-Shirt under the bra would work. Baba thought that Sheena's Baba might be on to something.
pumpernickle

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger saran said...

I don't know what you're talking about, Sheena - those all sound like valuable pieces of advice to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home