Sunday, March 25, 2007

Belated Fuck the Airshow Part 2



Driving from the beach to Orlando last weekend and saw some signs near Titusville advertising that weekend's Warbird Airshow at the Space Coast Regional Airport.

It is no secret that Sheena hates this shit. Modern aviation is supposed to be about how flat the seat can go and unlimited on-demand movies and getting a better quality bubbly pre-takeoff. It is not supposed to be about ripping open the sky with screaming jets and threatening shadows and low flying bullies.

But El Chaperone likes this crap. So we pulled over on the side of the road with a hundred other cheap-ass gawkers. Watched some of the acrobatic stuff which can be a bit entertaining, but I played Brickbreaker during the screaming death metal finale.


Oh yeah, and a guy crashed and died there that weekend. Not while we were watching. But everybody agreed that he'd want the show to go on. What a trooper.

3 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the smell of AV fuel and charcoaled? bodies in the morning, or afternoon

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger CheekierMeSly said...

I'm a fan of cheap ass-gawkers, myself. But I'm only now realizing that I am, myself, an ass-gawker. I've known I'm cheap for sometime, however.

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger Whitenoise said...

Sorry, ma'am, you're just never gonna get it. All that power, all that speed, the exquisite engineering- it's better 'n sex. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home