Saturday, March 01, 2008

But I Know It When I See It

Spent a couple of hours at the
National Gallery in Ottawa this week. Had been a few years since the last visit. Paid the $9 bucks each and did the regular permanent collection.

Patio Furniture Art - courtesy of Brian Jungen.



Here's a little sumpin-sumpin to get the cranky old man blood boiling.... xoxoxo Sheena

Holy crap. Hope THAT one was a scheduled c-section....A Girl
Hung out at the Norval Morrisseau exhibit, in memoriam - with his passing last year. (errr... who dat - eds.) Canada's own artistic treasure with a legacy needing preservation.



Other cool shit in the Contemporary Gallery...

30 minute video clip "Der Lauf der Dinge" - see it here (in 3 parts...)









11 Comments:

At 2:31 AM, Blogger Whitenoise said...

Voice of Fire... somewhere Barnett Newman is pissing himself laughing...

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Sheena said...

Once again Sheena gets her intended result.... ;-)

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Whitenoise said...

It's important to have goals in life, however small.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Whitenoise said...

BTW, thanks for warming this city up for me.

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd hate to meet the dingo that would try to eat that baby

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You should of spent the xtra$. The Dalhousie print collection is quite astonishing.

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe I never go to the National Art Gallery. What's wrong with me?

Anyway, a friend of mine told me that to understand Voices of Fire, one needs to take the guided tour.

I'm juss sayin'.

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Babe, I had no idea, that your passion for art, was so fervent...

Nor apparently, deliriously whimsical, on occasion...

Butt, you are occasionally, a round of surprises...

When you see it, as I do, your tastes can comprise it...

To surmise it, your butt is a wealth, of prizes...

 
At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Art ? you wan fuckin' art ?

Spy, Sooey, Sheena, and Raymi .

The Bitches of Eastwick ...


Fill your boots ...

I don't care if there's one extra...


You want Women ?

Engage 'em, if you dare ...


I know it when I see it .

Now, fuck off, and get your own...



Midnight Tory

 
At 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julia, forgive me ...

You have skillfully meandered,

into my minefield ...


You may be, the Goddess for me...

 
At 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, you are not alone ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home