Thursday, February 01, 2007

LINDSAY LOHAN WAS MY STEWARDESS!!!



From NYC to Fatlanta via Dulles dishwater last night. On the connection from IAD to ATL, a flight attendant in full uniform sits beside me on the cramped and full-to-capacity CRJ 700. Mostly business people and blingers. Once we reach cruising altitude, the service cart comes out. Sheena flips through her wallet looking for an American $5. Finds one, puts it on the table tray. Waits patiently trying to crack through Level 16 Brickbreaker while the cart inches its way up the aisle.

The in-uniform flight attendant leans over and asks if I am planning to buy something from the cart. Sheena replies, "Probably. If they have white wine, I will".

"Oh," she says. Then she smiled slyly at me and said, "If you were going to get a cocktail I was going to offer to save you the money. I have a bottle of vodka in my purse".

Wow. Thanked her and chuckled. Figured she must have hit duty free on a stopover.

So Sheena got her white wine (The Sutter Home Pinot Grigio - which is actually drinkable with a full cup of ice - unlike its rancid Chardonnay little brother). And my seatmate got some cranberry juice. She took a sip, leaving an inch of space at the top. Then reached into her purse and pulled out a Dasani water bottle. Opened it, and poured it into her juice. Took a sip, and topped it off a bit more.

Very impressive. Though I did wonder how she got it through the no-liquid security zone...

8 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That flight attendant has EGGS, Sheena. I'da thunk that Michael Vick's recent experience might have made her think thrice http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0118071mexico1.html.

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eggs? No, more like rocks in her head. All it would take is for someone to catch her or smell alcohol on her breath and she'd be pulled aside and drug-tested. I know that FA jobs aren't worth a whole lot, but presumably she values hers enough to not want to be fired.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Sheena said...

The fact she was in uniform even though not working the flight was the shocker for me, Whitenoise...

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sneaky... very, very sneaky.

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, my ATL fav's- The Varsity on Spring st, just east of G.I.T. or Crickets next door.

(No need to thank me.)

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Sheena said...

We had dinner at Trader Vic's last night. Pictures coming soon....

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and that story demonstrates just one reason why taking people's bottled water away, is not the way to protect planes.

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woah genius

 

Post a Comment

<< Home