Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Lord Gimme A Sign Ughnn Ughnn...

Saw this on the side of a garbage can on 47th W. Thought it was a poster for a play. Wondered what happened to the 'other' Baldwin brothers. Stephen apparently launched a book last fall and advertised it on garbage cans.

So Sheena checked out stephenbaldwin.com Make sure your sound is turned down low when clicking here. Yep, that's Jesus rap. Clicked on his MySpace page and read his New Year's salutation:
PROCLAMATION 2007

In the last few weeks of 2006 ... I got as quiet as I could ... getting as much rest as possible ... and seeking the Holy Spirit ...

This is what I heard Him say ... 2007 will be the year of JOY ... !!!

If I focus ... to the best of my ability ... to seek Holiness ... in this new year ... my experience and blessings ... will be greater then ever before ... ! I pray the same for all of you .. !

Thank You ... " JESUS " ..... !!!



Turns out that Stephen got Jesus after 9/11. Mixing rap, skateboarding metaphors and the journey from "hard core party boy" to "hard core man of faith", his book "The Unusual Suspect" apparently did half decent on the NY Times best seller list last year.

Hmmm.. Didn't know about this personal transformation. Reading snippets of Chapter 1 (online here...) Sheena learns that the Playboy Mansion was ripe with "paganism that hangs in the air and the sexual exploitation of women gives the place an energy and power that is just pure evil..." Sounds like Robert Downey Jr. had more fun than Baldwin did that night.

First few pages are a reasonably interesting read. Celebrity guilt, I suppose. He looks more like Alec in his latest pics...

9 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I prefer him being in those cheesy B movies. I wonder if all of the Baldwins are churchgoers.

 
At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool entry, sheena. who's billy baldwin?

heheh - just being a competitive bloggirl.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Sheena said...

Billy Baldwin is Stephen's brother. I am not sure what his religiosity status is. I did not notice his face on any garbage can this week.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Sheena said...

But Jesus, I hate all this pressure to show our tits that Kinsella is putting on us these days.

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when they showed his house getting nuked on South Park... that really didn't happen?

Too bad.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Trellick Tower said...

I saw him on a show with some broad getting all religous on our asses.

I hope he realizes religiousness is no reason to stop getting your pork on.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Leatherhands said...

I'm sure he's banging a bunch of frilly-shirted born-again chickies as we speak.
Born again my ass. Just a new career.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger K-Dough said...

check your email girl...

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Jacques Beau Vert said...

Noooo!

Say it isn't so!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home