Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Mustoka









48 hours in closed quarters with movers and shakers. Question: does a white linen catered breakfast offset a 1" cockroach crawling across the bed?
Seriously.... Out of the shower 6:30ish, getting dressed in the cottage guest room. Lots of mosquitos, spiders, a few ants... nothing that can't be dealt with a swat or strategically placed impractical shoe heel.
But. While mostly not dressed, a big roach crawls out of my sweater - which probably had been touching the floor overnight, and that I had tossed on the bed to wear. I stifled a shriek by physically placing my hands over my mouth. Mostly because I was, umm. nekkid. And the 2 women and 3 men in the cabin were people that I did not know particularly well. And a scream surely would have had them come running. Into my borrowed bedroom, with me and no pants on. Again.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeewww.......
That just made my skin crawl!
Did you kill it?

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Sheena said...

No.
I kept lifting the blankets trying to make it flick away from me. It did crawl over my laptop keyboard, and over the covers, and eventually I *think* went behind the headboard because when I stripped off the bedding while packing up it was no where to be found.

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should have impaled it with your heel spike ...

Oh, and what beautiful pictures ...

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Whitenoise said...

Bugs are a small price to pay for a piece of heaven.

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Disgusting! That's sick. Are you sure it wasn't a june bug or other outdoor type of beetle?

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Romantic Heretic said...

Lovely pics. I miss not being able to get away to the cottage with my family. Nothing like a few days at the lake.

I wanted to be an entomologist as a kid. Find arthropods fascinating. Especially the social insects. If the school system hadn't decided I was uneducable I probably be in Australia underneath a termite mound at this point in time.

Yes, I'm a sick and twisted individual.

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have quite a lot of cockroaches... I've somewhat learned to live with them, but now and then they get too big in number and I just have to kill a bunch of them.

Honestly, I'd rather they weren't here. I like my ants and bees and I'm okay with the occasional mouse, but I really have to tolerate the cockroaches. I'm not sure what the difference is between them and the others to me, but there you go.

Fantastic pictures - hope you at least traded numbers or blog addresses with your caterer. ;P

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do they force you to smoke pot is "Mustoka"?

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shhh!

 
At 1:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only after you shoot those bridge rapids, man.

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you find yourself in Regina on July 27, be sure to swing by the SaskBlogs.ca BBQ :-) We even have a lake to offer ;-)

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Sheena said...

"Mustoka" seemed to be the most popular graffiti tag on the railway bridges we boated past. I thought it was pretty funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home