Saturday, March 25, 2006

Because I Like Hard News


One of Sheena's legions of obsessed-but-not-in-a-stalking-way readers recently asked, "So, what is your favourite TV show". Hmm... this gives me a chance to test drive Via Rail's new OptiFi wireless service. All of the Via 1 club cars in the Corridor are now wifi-enabled and well, not much else to do as one hurtles through the suburban sprawl between Pickering and Bowmanville on a snowy Saturday morning eating dried out turkey sausage and weird grey omelette gravy.

Now, some lifestyles are not conducive to regular TV viewing habits. It's difficult to get too attached to any one show when one switches time zones on a regular basis and many a prime-time hour is spent nose deep in free newspapers in airport lounges.

I became quite enchanted with "Lost" last year, jumping on the bandwagon right from episode 1. (Sheena is somewhat obsessed herself with all things airplane-crash related). But the demands of the world soon intervened and I wasn't able to keep up from week to week. Haven't seen a full episode at all this year and regret that. Sometimes it's hard to remember when Wednesday is.

Being aware of what's going on in the world is a very important thing, so it is common to see CNN, CBC Newsworld, CTV Newsnet as recurring white noise Chez Sheena. But my favourite of all is Fox News. I love it, love it, love it. I'll do a separate discussion on my Fox News theory, but suffice it to say that any channel that employs a morning news correspondent named Eric Shawn is tops in my books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home