Saturday, February 16, 2008

OK... but Which F-Word, exactly....


Yay Me.
Thanks to some good online and in person pals, Sheena has been nominated for the new "Canadian F-Word Blog Awards" hosted by the funny and feisty A Creative Revolution .

This of course, throws Sheena into a dizzying swirl of confusion. Is she a femininst? Initially I was hoping this was an award for the most creative use of the catchall fallback phrase, fuck off you fucking fucker, but no... it is an award given to blogs that match the following criteria...


Progressive politics only, natch. Umm.. Why? Sheena has never professed a political leaning one way or another, and finds the label progressive a little annoying.
Nominated blogs must be women authored, or be a majority of feminist content. I have female genitalia, so OK on the first caveat here...
Nominate as many blogs as you'd like - the CFWBAs are a celebration and promotion of feminist blogging in Canada. The more exposure the blogs can get, the better. When I think about 'blogs' and 'exposure' in the same sentence, I wonder why Raymi ain't a given..
Nomination of your own blog is perfectly acceptable.
Nominations for posts and comments categories, will be eligible if they were written between January 1, 2006 and December 31, 2007. Administrators (Pale, Prole, A Creative Revolution) are ineligible. 900ft Jesus is eligible at her own home site
'In the House and Senate'
Notice to the trolls: These nominations are for Progressive Feminist blogs, bloggers and comments. Anything NOT fitting those qualifications will be deleted. Fair warning. Take yer freedom uh speech elsewhere. I think there's a Freedominion poll somewhere you can freep.
But... I like trolls... and strive to be one...


But.. being an egomaniac at heart, I'll go with it. Just don't call me progressive. I'm a alpha girl in a male dominated world who likes slutty pin striped suits, expect men to shovel my walk and carry my things and don't own sensible shoes. Equal Opportunity Mocker I was born, and Equal Opportunity Mocker I shall die. Anyone reading a political slant into SheenaVision can kiss my curvy rounded ass.

Lower...
lower.....

Click here to vote for me

Vote for my blogmother Sooey here and what the hell, here too and oh for fuck's sakes.. here too, come on already and go ahead, one more... the attention whoring fcs...

And here are some Support Bras... though I would have nominated the Calvin Klein T-shirt seamless, it's been my favourite for a couple of years now...

11 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're taking Feminism WAY too literally, Sheena.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Antonia Z said...

Geez. You'd think feminism kept you from buying shit-kicking boots or something. Why don't you just shut up and grab the glory?

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Springer said...

On January 18, 2008 did you really post your own curvy rounded ass?
If so, may I please read a political slant into simply everything you write?
Then I'll be able to kiss that yummy-looking curvy rounded ass almost every day!
And yes, lower ... lower ... mmmm!

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The left has commandeered the word 'progressive', the implication being that anyone who isn't left-wing, is a regressive, close-minded, neanderthal bigot...but this isn't the place for politics...just sayin'...

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. - tried voting for you Sheena, but the site wouldn't let me unless I let it place a 'cookie' on my computer...FUCK THEM !

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Sheena said...

Springer: Actually it was Raymi's ass, but rest assured mine looks EXACTLY the same.

Demon: Thanks for the effort. I learned that lesson the hard way when my Chocolate Tim Tam crumbs made my space bar get allsticky .

Sooey and Mmme Z: Why is it that if you go braless you're a feminist but if you forgo panties you're a slut.

eh? Answer THAT one smarty bitches.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Raymi Lauren said...

i read that literally, f word, i think i would win that for sure every other word in my posts is fuck.

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you forgo panties, you're a hippie, Sheena. Get with the 60s.

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Springer said...

Sheena, that's close enough for me ...

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Leatherhands said...

Ahhh...pin-stripe suits are "slutty"? That explains why a woman in a pin-stripe causes me to....never mind...feeling distracted. Gotta take care of something...

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh.. fudge!

er..

packer!

vi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home